USA Architects is an award winning mid-size, regional architecture firm comprised of about 50 employees. We offer services in diverse project types across several market segments including Government, Justice, K-12, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Commercial and Corporate.
If you possess strong communication skills and thrive within a fast-paced environment and you thoroughly understand the dynamics of construction and administering this process, you are who we are looking for. If you'd like to be a part of a team that recognizes your technical expertise, attention to detail and strategic thoughts, but still works collaboratively, and supports you to complete jobs effectively, you'll love working at USA Architects as a Construction Administrator.
USA Architects is growing quickly and our hopes are to build a Construction Admin. team that shares our passion for purposeful and impactful projects while we integrate new technologies and collaborate with consultants. Building strong relationships with our clients is vital; and your ability to troubleshoot unforeseen problems is important for this position. This position does require traveling along the mid-Atlantic region for site visits.
The candidate for Construction Administrator will possess the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Architecture or Bachelor or Engineering degree from an accredited college or university
- Architectural or Professional Engineering License, preferred
- CDT and/or CCCA certification, preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a construction admin.
- A working technical knowledge and understanding of construction materials, means, and methods
- Knowledgeable in local zoning, standard codes and ADA regulations
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the field of Architecture
- Exceptionally effective maintaining records and files
- Possess strong client and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Legal U.S. work status only
- Adheres to the procedures and standards for Construction Administration of projects established by the firm
- Reports to the Director of Construction Administration
- Administers 3-5 concurrent projects during the construction phase
- Prepares Field Reports
- Attends Construction Meetings
- Prepares Meeting Minutes
- Reviews and processes Shop Drawings and related submittals
- Processes contractor’s Applications for Payment
- Facilitates the processing of RFI’s
- Coordinates with consultants
Competitive salaries, opportunities for growth, mentoring, health benefits, flex time, paid parking, and paid time off are offered to all full-time employees.
Email cover letter & resume, project history and salary requirements to: email@example.com