Seeking architects with 5-10 yrs experience
USA Architects is an award winning mid-size, regional architecture firm comprised of about 50 employees. We offer services in diverse project types across several market segments including Government, Justice, K-12, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Commercial and Corporate. If you've got a few years of experience under your belt in the field of architecture and you're interested to propel your career forward, you've come to the right place. If you're currently licensed or in the process of taking your exams, and want the support of a company that recognizes your talents and allows you to work collaboratively while you develop both your creative and technical skills, you'll love working at USA Architects as a Project Architect.
The candidate for Project Architect will possess the following criteria.
- B-Arch or M-Arch degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to communicate effectively with both in-house team members and outside consultants
- Strong proficiency in Revit
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in an architectural firm
- A sense of urgency; capable of making quick, yet confident decisions
- Knowledgeable in local zoning, codes, and ADA regulations
- Architectural license preferred
- LEED Accreditation, a plus
- Possesses strong client and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Ability to be organized and multitask
- Exhibit proficiency of the technicalities of a project; possesses a level of comfort with construction means and methods
- Capable of working independently or in teamwork setting on all phases of a project
- Should have 3+ years experience running small to larger scale architectural projects
- Legal U.S. work status only
- Reports to Project Manager
- Works directly with Project Manager for each project in order to execute design production
- Generates presentation drawings/sketches/images for the Client to approve design schemes and material selections
- Executes Construction Documents, as directed.
- Selects materials and develops design detailing related to interior and exterior designs
- Coordinates with Interior Design team, when necessary
- Oversees material selection for Technical Specifications
- Coordinate with the Code Specialist on Zoning and Code Requirements
- Executes the majority of drafted documents and coordinates with other Designers and/or Draftspersons, depending on project size
- Assists Draftspersons with documenting and drafting Existing Conditions.
- Prepares “meeting minutes” reports, when directed
Competitive salaries, opportunities for growth, mentoring, health benefits, flex-time, paid parking, and paid time off are offered to all full-time employees. Positions are located in our Somerville, NJ and Easton or Philadelphia, PA office locations.
Email cover letter & resume, project history and portfolio along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org