After an extensive needs assessment, USA Architects designed a new $18.9 million, 60,000 sf complex that consolidates all administrative, judicial and police functions into one facility. Its design features brick facades, punch windows and traditional detailing playing off of an existing historic 1930’s school building that was re-purposed and blended within the new complex as part of the new location for administrative offices.
The 20,000 sf police building is Department of Corrections-compliant. The facility features: a 911 dispatch center, OEM Command Center, CCTV’s, interrogation room monitoring, intercom and door control systems and metal detectors.
The complex also contains courts and a 150-person capacity public meeting space. The project involved an extensive programming effort that included numerous charette sessions with the Administration, staff, Council and the public-at-large through interactive workshops and community presentations. The new complex has become a new town center which located adjacent to athletic fields and a large playground.