- You have 2-5 years of architectural design experience on small and large scale public or private projects
- You enjoy a flexible, collaborative atmosphere of team members who listen to your input
- You take initiative to meet professional milestones for the interest of your professional development and share with the company: a win-win perspective
- You are diligent, meticulous and eager to learn - willing to accept guidance
- You think quickly on your feet and manage your time appropriately working on multiple projects, deliverables, and deadlines concurrently
- You know that architecture is really about people, not just space
- You have a foundational knowledge of architectural assemblies, mechanical, electrical and plumbing components and systems and can prepare design and construction documents with strong attention to detail
- You are strongly proficient in Revit
- You have stellar visualization skills using a variety of software programs such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up and Lumion
- You have a B-Arch or M-Arch from an accredited degree program, or you’re fulfilling NCARB alternative education requirements in order to pursue your licensure in NJ or PA
About the Position:
- Assist with the execution of project design and documentation during all phases of projects (i.e.: concepts, schematics, programming, design, documentation and construction administration)
- Assist Project Architect and Project Manager with research on trends and products
- Effectively collaborate with both internal team members and outside consultants
- Assist the project architect with client communication throughout any level of a project
- Assist in the preparation and production of project presentations: 2D and 3D visualizations for client reviews and approvals
- Review code details to aide in compliance and coordinate with engineers and various consultants on project details
USA Architects designs schools, offices and other spaces in private and public sectors. The projects we work on significantly impact how people learn, work, play and govern and in order to maximize our impact on the greater community that we serve, we believe in cultivating an internal community for employees too! We do this by fostering a company culture that is powered by purpose and strikes a balance when challenges occur. We remain tried and true to our clients, but also to our staff, and we even bring a little fun and humor along the way.
We invite you to create your space: employment with us is a partnership driven by both your professional passions and our mission as a company. When these two things align, we can achieve such great things.
About Our Benefits:
We’re dedicated and conscientious toward our work and coworkers. We often refer to one another as members of the “USA Family.” Here are some of the ways we foster such an environment:
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for growth and mentorship
- Paid parking
- 401K/Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Group Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
USA Architects is an award-winning mid-size architecture firm with 33 years of practice. Our HQ is located in Somerville, NJ, with branch offices in Easton and Philadelphia, PA. Our portfolio includes a wide spectrum of project typologies and complexities across several market segments.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and project history to email@example.com with the subject title, “Architectural Designer.”
Benefits offered to full-time employees.
US Permanent residency status, only.