- You’ve obtained a Bachelor of Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited degree program
- You have a minimum of 5 years full-time experience in commercial design projects (public/private sectors)
- You enjoy a flexible, collaborative atmosphere with architects that listen and respect your input
- You take initiative to meet professional milestones for the interest of your professional development and share your success with the company: a win-win perspective
- You also accept guidance
- You are diligent, meticulous and eager to learn - willing to accept guidance
- You are able to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize deadlines
- You know that interiors are really about people, not just space
- You’re an impeccable listener and understand how to translate a client’s desires into a space that accommodates their needs and preferences through processes such as: bubble diagrams, programming, furniture plans, traffic patterns and material selections
- You understand how to set client expectations and guide the client into a decision-making process that encourages open mindedness by looking at the whole
- You have stellar visualization skills and are proficient in Revit and fluent in Sketch Up, Adobe CS and Microsoft Office
- You’re well versed in Construction Documents and FF&E specifications, familiar with building codes, ADA compliance, and building practices (applicable to interiors).
- A strong working knowledge of textiles; durability usages, and the proper application of materials and finishes within commercially used spaces
- You are LEED accredited, preferably
- You’re considering pursuit of Architectural Registration or NCIDQ, preferably
About the Position:
- Work closely with architects in schematic, concept, programming and design development phases to assure space planning, traffic patterns and FF&E specifications align with the overall goals of the project
- Review drawings for codes related to ADA compliance
- Effectively collaborate with both in-house team members and outside consultants through all phases
- Prepare project presentations: 2D and 3D visualizations for client reviews and approvals
- Present milestone presentations to clients
- Work with specifications writer to ensure appropriate FF&E specs are included in bid sets
- Establish and maintain relationships with product vendors and upkeep of product library
- Attend networking events and conferences to assist the firm in the growth and future development of commercial and public projects
USA Architects designs schools, offices and other spaces in private and public sectors. The projects we work on significantly impact how people learn, work, play and govern and in order to maximize our impact on the greater community that we serve, we believe in cultivating an internal community for employees too! We do this by fostering a company culture that is powered by purpose and strikes a balance when challenges occur. We remain tried and true to our clients, but also to our staff, and we even bring a little fun and humor along the way.
We invite you to create your space: employment with us is a partnership driven by both your professional passions and our mission as a company. When these two things align, we can achieve such great things.
About Our Benefits:
We’re dedicated and conscientious toward our work and coworkers. We often refer to one another as members of the “USA Family.” Here are some of the ways we foster such an environment:
- Casual work environment
- Opportunities for growth and mentorship
- Paid parking
- 401K/Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Group Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
USA Architects is an award-winning mid-size architecture firm with 33 years of practice. Our HQ is located in Somerville, NJ, with branch offices in Easton and Philadelphia, PA. Our portfolio includes a wide spectrum of project typologies and complexities across several market segments.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and project history to email@example.com with the subject title, “Interior Designer Position.”
Benefits offered to full-time employees.
US Permanent residency status, only.